- From the balcony, front deck and back deck bring inside the house any tables, chairs, coolers, recycling bin and anything that could become airborne during high winds.
- Lash the green trash bin to the back deck with rope, twine or wire.
- Make sure you have sufficient food and water provisions that will last days, perhaps weeks, without electricity.
- Have flashlights and batteries available.
- Before evacuating, freeze a cup of water, place a quarter on top and place it in the freezer. Upon returning if the quarter has fallen to the bottom, then the power has been off long enough to warrant the food inside the refrigerator as spoiled and must be thrown out. If not, then depending upon how far down the quarter has fallen it is a subjective decision made by housemates as to whether the food is still good.
Be informed and prepared regarding advance preparations, evacuation alerts, emergency procedures and more at https://scemd.org/
Get updates on local weather conditions and emergency procedures in Cayce, SC at https://www.cityofcayce-sc.gov/
Version 1.01 Updated 09/16/2018